Saturday, July 01, 2006



At Last -- IMAGES on MYRANT!

Marge has stepped into the breach, and between the help she's given me and the work I've been doing with Jane Wilde on the site and her attention to my computer woes, we're reaching some critical turning points.

Now -- a photo/image can be posted!

Here, at last, is my cover painting for the upcoming Heretic release of The Last Broadcast...

...more to follow, and Myrant takes on a whole new character! I'll be able to post new work, discuss my concepts, techniques and approaches, and much, much more.

Special thanks to Marge and Jane for making this a reality, and to Marty & Alex for forwarding me the jpg image for use here.

[This post's image is copyright 2006 Stephen R. Bissette; all rights reserved.]

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Martin said...

HALLELUJAH!

7/02/2006  
Blogger Marty said...

Outstanding, Steve. Really striking. I can't wait to see this with the layout elements in place. Try and involve yourself in this process, Steve; Heretic is wonderfully accommodating with the design process. They'll go out of their way to make sure the filmmaker's are happy with the final product! Just ask Alex to keep you in the loop, and he most assuredly will.

Also, I just got 50 copies of MAGDALENA'S BRAIN! They're beautiful -- complete with foil embossed cardboard slipcases.

Heretic is a class act all the way

7/02/2006  
Blogger SRBissette said...

I've been very happy working with Heretic, and can't wait to see Magdalena's Brain in its DVD incarnation at last. Highly recommended to all!

As for The Last Broadcast, I've left it to filmmakers Lance Weiler & Stefan Avalos to see through the design aspects of the final cover, as it's their baby. I feel the painting gives them all plenty to work with, and I delivered in spades on additional legwork (writing box copy, booklet text, and working with the amazing CCS Year One Alumni crew on the mini-comic), happily leaving the final cover design issues to them and to Alex and Herb at Heretic. Having seen four of their earlier DVD releases, I was happy enough with their design savvy to 'let go' once the final art was in their hands.

More on the cover and The Last Broadcast (and Head Trauma) later this summer, as we move closer to pre-order time!

7/02/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home