Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Hill Has Will, as does Quick-Draw McGraw...

Following up on the email I posted yesterday from Richard Arndt, it turns out that two country western stars have been speaking out against Bush's pathetic performance in the thrall and wake of Katrina.

All I can say is, "Christ-Limpin'-on-a-Broken-Crutch, it's about time!" Reckon they gave Prez the benefit of the doubt and ample time before realizing how badly Bush and Administration have failed.

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are the two speaking out with appropriate (if belated) ire. A little homework this morn revealed this all spilled out at a Wednesday AM press conference in Nashville for ABC News Radio (so you can find the links thereabouts). Reflecting my same form of "grocer capitalism" my amigo Mark was somewhat appalled at earlier this month, McGraw said, "There's no reason why someone can't go down there who's supposed to be the leader of the free world and say, 'I'm giving you a job to do, and I'm not leaving here until it's done, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable." That's three accountables, mind you, which is three more than Bush has called for. Continuing: Tim concluded, "This is what I've given you to do, and if it's not done by the time I get back on my plane, then you're fired and someone else will be in your place."

Now, I like Tim reference to Bush setting deadlines based on when he gets back on his plane -- which is a hell of a lot quicker than Bush has been setting deadlines -- and I applaud his adoption of my own "grocer capitalism" model. You do your job, or you get fired. My God, what a concept.

Being a Louisiana native, McGraw was understandably a bit more outspoken than Mississippi native Hill, who voiced her opposition and outrage a bit less pragmatically or forcefully. I reckon Tim must have held down day-jobs a little more in his previous life than Faith did, but I can't say fer sher.

Anyhoot, it's about time, I say, and a little sprig of hope in our spring season that more Americans may pull the heads they've kept firmly fixed up their asses out and wake up to the abysmal record and reality of you-know-who and call for some change -- maybe even in time for the coming election. GOP out -- anyone else in.

Grocer capitalists, start campaigning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home