Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Reading Assignment: Richard Clarke's "Ten Years Later..."

Hey, I may be out of circulation today as far as aggressively blogging is concerned, but I can passively blog. My dear friend Jean-Marc Lofficier sent me the link to this fascinating piece of speculative political sf by none other than Richard A. Clarke, former national coordinator for security and counterterrorism for Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

It was published January of this year in The Atlantic Monthly, and is even more timely today -- give "Ten Years Later" a read, unless you have an aversion to heavily footnoted science fiction.

Hmmm, I hereby nominate John Milius to script and direct the movie. Do I hear a second?

Here ya go:
  • "Ten Years After" by Richard A. Clarke
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Shawn said...

    And I nominate Steve Bisette to script and draw the comic...!

    Shawn Richter

    11/22/2005  
    Blogger SRBissette said...

    Ah, there ya go, trying to drag me back into comics again... tsk, tsk.

    Besides, Shawn, Clarke left out the best stuff to draw: terrorists riding Tyrannosaurs and Triceratops into Yankee Stadium, a'la Kona, Monarch of Monster Isle -- gotta keep the kid in me happy while I'm drawing...

    11/24/2005  
    Blogger Shawn said...

    What terror alert level do you think that'd be, Steve? :)

    Shawn Richter

    11/24/2005  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home